Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

JEGS Premium Automotive Wire

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question JEGS Premium Automotive Wire

Thought about just buying some spools of wire to extend anything needed to be lengthened on my harness. Looked at jegs wire but couldn't find any info online on jegs premium automotive wire, did some searching and tried to find topics about their wire and what people think about it quality wise. So far have came up with nothing.

(non-sponsor link removed)

Looking to buy 25ft or 50ft spools.

Any recommendations? links to websites? Maybe options of different colors like yellow wire/blk stripe etc?

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 08-05-2012 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Non-sponsor link removed
Old 08-04-2012, 08:23 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Here's a good quick education on automotive wire types: http://www.kayjayco.com/catPWireSelect.htm

IMO - If you go with the SXL wire you've linked above to extend cheaper, non-SXL wire - you're wasting your money.

This stuff can get really expensive, especially if you want to stock up on all different wire colors to be ready for any possible situation. I just plan my wiring jobs out ahead of time and purchase at places by the foot. Even with the shipping, I spend far less cash on the wire vs. having to stock up on reels of the stuff.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:30 AM
12 Second Club

i agree with what he said above, but in non-heat, non-essential areas, i have used jegs wire, and it is good quality and price is fair. as for jegs, good service and shipping, although i live in same state as jegs so shipping may be average where you are.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wssix99
Here's a good quick education on automotive wire types: http://www.kayjayco.com/catPWireSelect.htm

IMO - If you go with the SXL wire you've linked above to extend cheaper, non-SXL wire - you're wasting your money.

This stuff can get really expensive, especially if you want to stock up on all different wire colors to be ready for any possible situation. I just plan my wiring jobs out ahead of time and purchase at places by the foot. Even with the shipping, I spend far less cash on the wire vs. having to stock up on reels of the stuff.
Thanks for that link. You order wire from here?

Think I'll order 14 gauge txl. Most of the connectors I had to replace on my harness the pigtails are like 14 gauge I think. Not 100% sure though. lil rusty of my wire gauge identification skills, been a while.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by BOXCHEV
You order wire from here?
I've only ordered wire for a large project twice and don't recall where it came from.

My suggestion would be to figure out what you need for your project and then take a look at some of our site sponsors to see if they sell it.

If you want to match up stock colors, that will be the biggest challenge by-far.

BTW - If you look on a wiring schematic for the car, the gauges will be listed in square mm. You can then use a lookup to confirm which standard gauge size the wire is: http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/wi...ges-d_419.html