Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Suggestions for new complete audio setup in 02 T/A

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions for new complete audio setup in 02 T/A

Virtually all my stock speakers have finally blown.. and the monsoon HU is starting to really skip and scratch cds, as well as the screen doesn't show all the characters anymore.

Looking to replace the HU, and all the speakers (not really looking to add a sub or anything like that), I'm thinking on keeping the stock monsoon amp thats in the rear quarter panel... unless that would need to be swapped out with the particular system.

My question is, what would a decent system be to replace the HU and speakers that will be as close to plug and go as possible? I'm not looking to spend a lot, but I am also not looking for super high quality, near stock quality is fine for now.

Budget would be probably in the $300-$500 range for everything on the high end.
But also want the steering wheel controls to function with the new system

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Last edited by KITTvsKARR; 09-10-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Check out Kee Audio
Old 09-10-2011, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely talk to Ian @ Kee Audio. Great guy, sure knows his stuff.

The Kenwood KDC-HD548U is a nice headunit. I recently picked it up for a temporary replacement until I can gather the funds for my double din setup.

For speakers, he has quite a few different setups, depending on how much you want to spend... Ranging from 250ish to 550 or so.

Send him a PM or an e-mail, you won't regret it!
Old 09-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KITTvsKARR
Virtually all my stock speakers have finally blown.. and the monsoon HU is starting to really skip and scratch cds, as well as the screen doesn't show all the characters anymore.

Looking to replace the HU, and all the speakers (not really looking to add a sub or anything like that), I'm thinking on keeping the stock monsoon amp thats in the rear quarter panel... unless that would need to be swapped out with the particular system.

My question is, what would a decent system be to replace the HU and speakers that will be as close to plug and go as possible? I'm not looking to spend a lot, but I am also not looking for super high quality, near stock quality is fine for now.

Budget would be probably in the $300-$500 range for everything on the high end.
But also want the steering wheel controls to function with the new system

Any ideas?

Thanks.
I can do that for you no problem. Just put a few together recently that people should be getting this week.
I can work with you on that budget and get you a big improvement with the install gear included for the head unit. shoot me an email at:
keeaudio@bellsouth.net
This is the best way to reach me right now as I am constantly away from the computer and have been working more and more lately at my other job but can get to emails on my phone pretty quick.