Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

stupid radio question

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default stupid radio question

when i got my car it had a aftermarket cd player... dont think my car had monsoon... but only my door and hatch speakers work... my sail panel speakers dont work... there is only 4 speaker outputs on the cd player so how do i get the sail panel speakers to work... buy another head unit?? thanks for your time
Old 06-06-2012, 07:07 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

If you have speakers in the hatch area then the car was equipped with a Monsoon system. You'll have to investigate how much the original wiring has been butchered and whether the Monsoon amp is still in the car. While you're at it, check that the sail panel subs are still there and connected. If the factory harness is usable and the amp is there, you should be able to get all of the speakers working.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks, i checked and amp is still there and speakers are hooked up... ill have to tear into it alil more after work...anything i should look for, start at the head unit or the amp?
Old 06-07-2012, 02:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

nevermind i found the problem, they wired up the front speakers backwards neg to pos... switched and they work .... thanks for your help and monsoon write up