Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

What amp for single 10?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 12:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What amp for single 10?

Hey guys, i just ordered a head unit, and once that's installed I'm going to look at upgrading the rest of my system. I'm pretty set on a dd box preloaded with a Kenwood 10. The sub can handle 300rms and I want to throw as much power at it as i can. So im looking for a monoamp that puts out 300rms@2ohm. Anybody know a budget one? thanks!
Old 07-23-2012, 12:15 PM

My suggestion would be get a nice 5 channel amp so you can provide better power to your interior speakers as well give your sub woofer some nice power as well. Again check voltage of everything so you know if your batter can handle it.

I would look at DD audio SS5, I think that amp would be more than enough of your needs.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by tswiz'smaro
Hey guys, i just ordered a head unit, and once that's installed I'm going to look at upgrading the rest of my system. I'm pretty set on a dd box preloaded with a Kenwood 10. The sub can handle 300rms and I want to throw as much power at it as i can. So im looking for a monoamp that puts out 300rms@2ohm. Anybody know a budget one? thanks!
I have this mini eXcelon from Kenwood instock
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert...lifiers/X500-1
Call me direct for a combo deal....Sorry I can not post pricing due to Kenwood MAP

Dennis