Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Double Din radio brackets

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Double Din radio brackets

I bought a Pioneer AVH-P8400BH head Unit and not quite looking into all that I needed for this specific converison...... I ordered and over priced bezel from one of the only two places that make them and they sent me brackets cheaply made from some sheet metal any wonder those were free:S they do NOT match up with the mounting holes in the dash infact they are for a camaro which only has 2 holes not the 3! And Ive tried all the holes on the head unit does anyone know where I can get a decent univeral set ?
Old 08-13-2012, 03:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

learn how to use a drill?
Old 08-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

I made my own brackets. Its easy.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...hlight=avic-d3
Old 08-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Teching In

Where did you get the double din mount kit? Most companies dont offer double din mount kits for our cars thats why most of them are custom done. The only person I know who does offer them is DDmods as far as I know.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Launching!

I know how to use a drill the difference between the two is that regardless of where you put it the brackets is either above, below or in the center and their isnt enough metal to drill trogh without jacking up the the bracket or not having enough edge for the screw to tighten down and like wise on the head unit theirs a long drilled out slot so you can move the head back and forth and if i drill their their wont be enough meat on the metal for the screw to hold onto and if I put a washer on it the screw will be to short.......lets mke this is easy ....is their any univeral mounting brackets that will attach to a single din and yet still fasten to a double ?
Old 08-14-2012, 02:09 PM

I've been doing car audio for about 15 years professionally, and have always made brackets for these cars. Just did my boss' wife 02 Ram Air, and made the radio brackets out of backstrap.

Quick Reply: Double Din radio brackets