Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Kee audio (CDT) speaker install quetions

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 12:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Kee audio (CDT) speaker install quetions

I'm in the middle of installing new speakers all around in my 02 WS6. Got the sails in easily. I have 2 questions. The kit I got from Ian has one speaker for each side in the hatch (tweet and mid in one). There are 2 per side in the hatch in stock form (tweet and mid seperatly). What is the best way to wire the new speakers? Just use the + and - from the mid? Also, do I need to use the crossovers that came with the front componant speakers? I am using the factory Monsoon amp.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I am wondering this as well. going to start my install soon
Old 09-23-2012, 11:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CRASH 02
What is the best way to wire the new speakers? Just use the + and - from the mid?
Yes. In a Pontiac, the tweeters are driven by the HU with less power than the mids get. Both mids and tweeters get full spectrum sound although the tweeters have a little in line high pass filter.

Originally Posted by CRASH 02
Also, do I need to use the crossovers that came with the front componant speakers? I am using the factory Monsoon amp.
Generally I recommend not using the aftermarket crossover with the monsoon amp. The amp is too weak to make up for the loss in volume created by the crossover. If you ever upgrade to an bigger amp, you should take advantage of the better filtering provided by the aftermarket crossovers, but remember to remove the simple in-line first order filter on the tweeter. Use one or the other, but not both in series.

Quick Reply: Kee audio (CDT) speaker install quetions