Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

add bluetooth streaming music to stock monsoon headunit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 11:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default add bluetooth streaming music to stock monsoon headunit?

i've been searching for an option to add something to allow me to steam music from my android phone to my stock monsoon stereo.

i have seen the adapters for the cd changer. my 2002 camaro does have the plug for the changer in the back, just no changer.

what i would love is some device that i could plug into the cd changer and have a bluetooth adapter to stream music to.

does anybody know anything about this? is this kit all i need? i dont want to plug something into the headphone jack.

(non-sponsor link removed)

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 03-25-2014 at 08:20 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:34 PM
TECH Addict

step one: DITCH the factory headunit, you will be much happier with an aftermarket one that has this built in (which will give you better audio quality on the bluetooth) instead of running through the antenna wire.

Even the cheaper one is halfway to the cost of a decent HU.

if you must you could also do the aux input add-on mod (that gives you a headphone input) and just use a cable to connect it or add a bluetooth adapter (the kind for converting wired headphones to bluetooth headphones) to the aux-in mod.

honestly though your just wasting your money to try to add features to the stock headunit.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:43 AM
On The Tree

I second the motion to ditch the factory head unit and get yourself a nice aftermarket unit with bt built in. Otherwise they do make a adaptor to just add bt to just about any car
Old 03-27-2014, 07:01 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

There isn't any one adapter that will work because the factory head unit doesn't have auxiliary input. However, you can add an auxiliary input using an adapter such as the GM9-AUX plugged into the CD changer port. Then you can add any one of dozens of bluetooth adapters I found by just using Google with "car bluetooth adapter". Crutchfield has a whole section listing them.

Quick Reply: add bluetooth streaming music to stock monsoon headunit?