Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon speaker question

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 02:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monsoon speaker question

Hey guys im looking to replace speakers for my monsoon system since my door speaker blew. But im very confused about the front door speaker setup. Im reading that the front are component and the back are coaxial? I need some advice and what the installation involves. These are the speakers im looking at.

Either 2 sets of these for the front and sails
(non-sponsor link removed)

Or one of the top ones and one of these for the doors
(non-sponsor link removed)

Im looking for whatever will be easier to install because im reading that if i put coaxial in the doors ill have to cut the tweeter and run it seperate. And i know there are kits sold by sponsors but i dont have that kind of money. Im just looking for decent replacements with a little bit of work. Thanks!

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 03-25-2014 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the second ones would be good for the doors IF it's a T/A and not a camaro, for camaro's you need components that can be "coaxially mounted" meaning the tweeter can be mounted like as if it was a 2-way speaker.

neither of those are good options for the sails, sail panels are SUBWOOFERS and DO NOT receive a full range signal, so you are wasting money putting in something with a tweeter.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP, do yourself a favor and click on the Kee Audio sponsor link on the right. Kee Audio has the proper speakers depending on what you drive. I just installed my speakers that I bought (because my front speaker was falling apart) and I couldn't be happier. I'm so glad I bought from Kee Audio.

Quick Reply: Monsoon speaker question