Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Gauge lights issues, fog light switch issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 10:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge lights issues, fog light switch issues

When I bought my '99 Trans am, sometimes the gauge lights flickered, or even went off for a few days at a time. They have aftermarket blue lighting. The fog light switch under the headlight switch does not click in either direction, it is basically "stuck" in the on position, but it will not move at all. It's kind of janky looking.

I once hit the dimmer/headlight switch a couple times and the gauge lights came back on, whatever. Heard it might be a bad/loose dimmer switch.

Now the gauge lights have been off for a week, and no amount of hitting seems to work. They finally came on last night, but were flickering while on. No fuses blown.

Where should I start? Replace dimmer switch? Check for a loose connection/ground somewhere behind dash?

How do I pull the panel to check the dimmer switch?
Old 08-04-2014, 06:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Replace the headlight/fog/dimmer switch, they're like $20 used. The panel over it pulls off(Be careful but it might take a little force) and the switch assembly is held in by 2-3 screws.

Quick Reply: Gauge lights issues, fog light switch issues