Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Double Din Lights Turn on with Headlights on 1999 Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Double Din Lights Turn on with Headlights on 1999 Camaro?

I recently got a double din stereo installed in my 1999 Z28. However the shop that installed it didn t hook up the lights correctly. So when I turn the car on the lights on the stereo turn on but then off but when it gets dark and the headlights turn on the stereo lights do not? How do I rewire this so when the headlights turn on the stereo lights come on too? I had a double din before and when the headlights would turn on so would the stereo lights.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd first check the owners manual and go through it a check the display settings in it. Then if that doesn't help you solve your issue take it back to the shop that did the install, give them the chance to make it right!

If it's wired to work with the cars adjustable dash light dimmer switch, the stereo lights will dim some if the dimmer isn't turned up to full brightness. Your head-unit might have a display brightness level adjustment., and if if it does turn it all the way up.

What brand and model is your DD head unit? Does the dimmer control also work on the head-unit lights, if so what's it set at Did the shop use a adapter harness to connect you new head-unit to the factory radio harness?

Last edited by 99Bluz28; 02-08-2015 at 04:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Double Din Lights Turn on with Headlights on 1999 Camaro?