Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

HUMount - MapTech still in business???

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 08:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HUMount - MapTech still in business???

I ordered an HUMount for a z28 a month ago. They don't reply to contact form submissions and the phone number gives a generic cell phone voice mail. Anyone know anything about them? They didn't have a problem taking my money...
Old 03-03-2015, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I ordered a HUMount for my bird couple years back, took over a month from me paying to it showing up to my door. They are each custom made and it takes a while but I would think they should at least reply to your email...
Old 03-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually got a live person on the phone yesterday... (3rd attempt) that was no help at all and couldn't answer any questions at all or anything other than "oh, i'll have to check on that and call you back". Well, no call back. I left another message. Custom made or not, screw that. It's a piece of delrin and an led strip. The outer limit on production and shipping according to the site is 28 days. I'm past that and the order hasn't even been filled. Let alone shipped. Another one man show with a day job getting in the way I'd bet.
So now I either have to file a complaint and fight to get the $ back from the charge or spend $4 a minute trying to call someone up in Canada to make good on his order. /* end whining.

*update 2 days later I get an email that the part is almost done and will be shipped tomorrow.
It's been 4 weeks.
From the site: 1. Orders will be shipped within 5 business days from the time of receipt of your order.
Which contradicts other info on the same page of the site that states 5-14 to complete and 10-14 to ship.

Either way he is at least shipping me what I ordered supposedly. I'll bet a nickel it was made last night.

Last edited by bigretic; 03-04-2015 at 07:33 AM.

Quick Reply: HUMount - MapTech still in business???