Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

cdt speaker instructions

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 07:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cdt speaker instructions

Fyi.......if you're installing kee audio speakers.......just know that the web site installation instructions say the positive wire for the tweeter is the plain grey wire but the cdt instructions say the opposite..........I know home stereo doesn't matter as long as both sides are connected the same.........but don't know about the monsoon system....
Attached Thumbnails cdt speaker instructions-kindle_camera_1441184020000.jpg   cdt speaker instructions-kindle_camera_1441183832000.jpg  

Last edited by jlh3rd; 09-15-2015 at 07:57 AM. Reason: added pics
Old 09-25-2015, 05:12 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are you having problems with? I installed the stage 3 package over a year ago and it was straight forward.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did I say I'm having a problem....try reading my post again.........
Old 09-28-2015, 06:56 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Just like home systems, the polarity of car speakers doesn't matter as long as you do them all the same way.

The difference appears to be that Kee Audio and the Monsoon FAQ are describing the factory wiring and standard automotive wiring harness adapter colors while the CDT site is describing bulk speaker wire which comes with the pair of wires bonded together and one conductor striped for identification. By convention, that striped wire is used for positive but there is no physical reason they couldn't be reversed.

If you are connecting to the factory wiring, use the plain wire for positive. If you are installing an aftermarket amp and rewiring to the speakers then use the striped wire for positive.

Quick Reply: cdt speaker instructions