Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Kee Audio

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 05:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kee Audio

Hello. I'm new to the forum. I own a 1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6, and I love it. I've done a lot of things to it, mostly to keep it original, but I had to do something special with my audio system. Unfortunately, to this point I personally made an error in doing business with Kee Audio, so I thought I'd share this with you:

I told myself I wasn't going to do this, but after reaching a breaking point I cannot be silent any longer. I read some stories about this business, both good and bad, but decided to take a chance and purchase an amp rack on July 8th, 2016 for my WS6 Trans Am. Communication between myself and Mr. Kee were excellent to start, and 12 days after purchase he told me he was short on carpet but the wood work was completed. No problem, I said, as I'm a patient guy and the cost for this amp rack was more than reasonable. Fast forward to August 18th, after I sent several emails and voice messages, and Ian finally responded with an apology, as his other job had called him on assignment, he was sick for a few days, and the carpet order was delayed. No problem, I understood his ordeal and told him to get better. He tells me he'll wrap it up and ship Monday 8/22. He also refunds my money for all the trouble. Great move on his part for the customer. One week later, Ian is called to his other job again and he tells me he'll ship Friday 8/26. Frustrated and losing patience, I told him that's fine. Now it is 9/13, I can't get him to reply back to any emails or calls, and I still have no amp rack. I really don't know what the problem is here, but I'm pissed that Mr. Kee hasn't kept his word on item delivery to this point. To those who decide to purchase from Ian, I will not tell you to avoid doing business with him - I'll only tell you my experience, and this is the first, and last, time I ever do business with Kee Audio. Peace
Old 09-15-2016, 01:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I got my amp rack from sub thump and I love it.

Last edited by AdsoYo; 09-15-2016 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update:
Never received anything from Ian. Avoid doing business with this guy!!! No response since August, only one word to describe this "businessman": LIAR
Old 10-26-2016, 09:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for sharing - no doubt most of us would agree with you that this is frustrating. But with the full refund of your money save yourself the time & headaches and buy an amp rack from another vendor.

I bought the driver side sub box/woofer/amp from Kee Audio. The box didn't fit that great, but I was able to saw and fix the fit. PITA but everything else was A+

Many of the sponsors on here are 1 person operations. They all mean well, but Kee Audio and others have been doing this part time for 10+ years! Ian made good with the refund, just don't use his business anymore.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry you had bad luck with him. I've heard good about him, so it's surprising that he's failed you.

Quick Reply: Kee Audio