Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

falcon headlights

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default falcon headlights

1997 ford falcon gli sedan. my low beams stopped working i don't know when so i changed the bulbs but they only come on with the high beam very dangeres what has happened, please help. Thanks
Old 08-29-2017, 07:20 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

I'm afraid you've picked a forum where the members are familiar with GM models (specifically those with LS1 V8 engines) so it is unlikely we will be able to give you any detailed ideas to help with your headlights. You would probably have more luck looking for a Ford forum - especially one in Australia since your model was made there. You could try www.fordforums.com.au, www.fordaustraliaforums.com, or www.falconforums.com.au.

That being said, there are some basic things you can look for that apply to most vehicles. The problem would seem to be in the low-beam circuit. The headlights are dual filament (they have two separate filaments within the same bulb) which is why they appear to work with the high beams... the high beam filament can still work even if the low beam doesn't. Since you've already changed the bulbs, it is unlikely that they are the problem. There will be a circuit breaker (or possibly a fuse) that protects the headlight circuit - that would be the next thing to check. Beyond that you start to get into diagnostics with a test light or multimeter. You'd want to test for power at the connector that plugs into the bulb and work your way back through the circuit to the headlight switch until you find where the power is interrupted. Doing so would be much easier if you can find someone who can provide wire colors and locations to check.

Quick Reply: falcon headlights