Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

IPC on 2005 Silverado (NIGHTMARE)

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 02:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IPC on 2005 Silverado (NIGHTMARE)

My odometer reading went out completely so I sent the instrument panel to an online business to get fixed. He fixed the no odometer reading and returned it to me. Now the left side gauges work intermittently. I contacted him and he had me send it back to him. He claimed he placed the instrument panel in his like year truck and all worked fine. he also said he bench tested it and all was fine. Just got it back and the right side gauges are working intermittently still. I have power on B4, B11 and B9. A12 and B12 are good grounds. A6 fluctuates, but it is a serial data input for, I believe the gauges. I am trying to figure out what else I can check before I realize I need a properly rebuilt IPC. I think he is being untruthful but cannot prove it. So, I want to be fair and figure this out before I accuse him of being untruthful. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 412 Likes on 293 Posts

It's likely a bad solder joint at on the board where the harness plugs in. Several videos on youtube how to repair them.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all which gauges are working and which are not? Do all of the left side gauges stop working at the same time and resume working at the same time? Does it happen while idling in park or only when driving? A look at the wiring diagram will show how the gauges are related and a logical conclusion can be determined.

Quick Reply: IPC on 2005 Silverado (NIGHTMARE)