Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cruise control

I have a '98 Trans Am WS6 that came factory with TCS. The previous owner removed the TCS and when I bought the car, most of the brake system was gone off of the car including the ABS module. I have replaced the ABS module from my other '98 which is being scrapped including the rear end, brake lines, booster as well. I have the cruise control module from the bad '98 plus the PCM, engine, transmission, engine harness (repinned for 99+ PCM) in the WS6. The cruise worked on the bad '98 but I cannot get it to work at all in the WS6. Is the reason it won't work because the TCS motor is gone from the car and the BCM won't let the cruise engage? I drive close to 60 miles a day round trip for work on the interstate and having the cruise is nice, not to mention when I go on trips with the car.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

Are you using the tcs throttle cable and adjuster or the non-tcs cable? Also you didn't mention if you're using the factory cruise cable.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bammax
Are you using the tcs throttle cable and adjuster or the non-tcs cable? Also you didn't mention if you're using the factory cruise cable.
I'm using the standard throttle cable and the factory cruise cable that goes to the TB, not to the TCS module. Guess I may have to break down and get the multi-meter out and start checking voltages.

The guy had pulled the LEDs out for the ABS, TCS, Brake, and Airbag which I just swapped another '98 cluster in the car which shows me ABS inop, and TCS off (Airbag I know about because there are no air bags currently in the car). The brake light works and isn't staying on.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

The ABS inop and tcs off will cancel out the ability for cruise I'm 99% sure.