Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Wiring Diagrams for LT1 ASR Unit

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wiring Diagrams for LT1 ASR Unit

Working alongside Paul at TorquHead and we are trying to figure out how to exactly remove my ASR unit on my 97 camaro WHILE keeping my ABS, CRUISE and Traction Control.

In theory:

- Buy non-tcs throttle cable
- Buy non-tcs cruise cable (found this and bought a used one off Ebay)
- Jam a resistor in the harness that the ASR connects to

Would an Impala throttle cable work? Does anyone have a 95-97 Camaro Non-TCS throttle cable?

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2018, 07:23 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Here is a schematic for a non-TCS ABS system in an LT1 F-body: http://shbox.com/1/ABS_schematic.jpg
Old 10-11-2018, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Here is a schematic for a non-TCS ABS system in an LT1 F-body: http://shbox.com/1/ABS_schematic.jpg
I dont need to switch out ABS modules do I?

I am searching for the second cable. and Want to leave as much in tact with the car as possible in case I ever want to or need to switch back.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:14 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The ABS control module without traction control is not only a different part number but it is a separate section of the parts manual from the one with traction control so I would assume there are significant differences. I don't know if it would work or not but I suspect it is unlikely.

I just reread your first post and now I'm confused - you say you want to remove ASR while keeping ABS and traction control. ASR is traction control... Acceleration Slip Regulation is the Chevy name for the same thing known as Traction Control System in Firebirds. The TCS parts in Firebirds are interchangeable with the ASR parts in Camaros.