Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Switchback front turn signals.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 07:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Spears
Thank you 00pewterSS I was looking at getting that flasher as I plan on going full led lights anyway around the car eventually. Would the full electronic flasher make my rear signals act weird until I switch them out with LEDs later down the road?

EDIT: I should be ordering all the items in the coming weeks to get this project going. I will take pictures and try and get them uploaded on here.
I have standard bulbs in the back, so you'll be fine. I only have the LED in the turn/DRL and front side marker.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

I am looking at the Triton kit and since the turn bulbs are top mounted does it fit snugly in the socket?? I have had a few LED bulbs that were too long and bottomed out on the housing before I could lock them in place....

Also is there enough room between the bottom of the headlight and the big heatsink on the back of the LED bulb?
Old 04-05-2019, 04:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking into making a plug and play harness with the VLED wiring and using a Morimoto led for the turn signals. I should start ordering the supplies in a few weeks. I will try to take pics of how it looks and the wiring as well.
Old 04-05-2019, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 475 Likes on 365 Posts

I switched my Honda EV to LED headlights,, to save some juice and make it look cool..
The over the winter found out a major shortcoming of them,, they don't get hot enough to
keep ice melted off in cold weather.. Not fun at 1:00 am on the freeway half way home..
And suddenly your driving by the parking lights..
Old 04-05-2019, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to know that but I live in Texas and hardly ever see snow or ice.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Majestic9C1
I am looking at the Triton kit and since the turn bulbs are top mounted does it fit snugly in the socket?? I have had a few LED bulbs that were too long and bottomed out on the housing before I could lock them in place....

Also is there enough room between the bottom of the headlight and the big heatsink on the back of the LED bulb?
Yes they fit pretty snug. And they do fit easily. I can (and just did) remove them from the bottom of the car, so there is room to even pull them with the headlamp installed. I am referring to the V6 triton switchback in the front turn housing.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00PewterSS
Yes they fit pretty snug. And they do fit easily. I can (and just did) remove them from the bottom of the car, so there is room to even pull them with the headlamp installed. I am referring to the V6 triton switchback in the front turn housing.
Awesome that helps a lot thanks
Old 04-13-2019, 07:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am running vleds switchbacks for my drls/turns. Headlight were done by BL solutions. Quad demon eyes as well. My Fogs are vleds. Some in my album if seeing how they look

I had to cover the socket where the drls plug into the housings with some silicone. My first set went out from water I guess. Had second set for about 4 months now all good so far.

also update to electronic flashers and all this will work btw

https://ls1tech.com/g/album/7222158
Old 04-14-2019, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just installed the VLEDS triton v6 switchbacks with the controller and it all works like a charm (also put in new clear housings) and I am probably going to have to either silicone them up or put some weatherstripping above because the gap between headlight and bumper is big and water will just get right down on it...