Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

No crank no start 03 gmc

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No crank no start 03 gmc

Hey guys,

I'm working on my 2003 gmc sierra. Has a 6 0 motor and a manual transmission. I have been chasing a wiring issue for quite a while now. Hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction.

The problem,
I am having a no crank, no start issue. The problem is associated with my ABS and parking brake light. No HVAC fan. I have full power on dash and interior lights. There are no clicks or nothing from under the hood or dash. If I leave the truck sit for a day or two the truck fires up no problem but as soon as I turn the fan on for heater AC my ABS and parking lights come back on and the problem repeats. This does not effect the truck while running only starting, tho I have noted while the lights are on the front differential will not engage into 4WD.

What I have tried.

i have cleaned and replaced both ground wires on the back of the engine block. Replaced the ignition switch in the steering column, and check both fuse panels for and burn wires or bad connections. The starter will engage if it is jumped over on the solenoid but the engine stops running as soon as contact is broke.

I have run out of ideas any help would be hugely appreciated. Thanks in advance, zach.