Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

engine wont start vats alarm on fuses keep blowing

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 12:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine wont start vats alarm on fuses keep blowing

so i just recently rebuilt my trans am and everything went fine car started up and ran great of course I didn't drive it I had it on jack stands do to no abs module, so when I left my garage I locked the car with the door lock on the car, then I left for the night came bacjk the next day and the car alarm was on of course so I unlocked the car with the key went to start the car and and the fuse I have on the starter cable popped (80a) and then the car wouldn't start of course, so I tried to bypass it just use the atarter cable without a fuse, would not start (I'm still not sure as to why the fuse is need or why it would even pop, well today I put a 100a agu fuse in line and it still popped two of them did,

so my question is....how do I disable the alarm?
why do I need a inline fuse for the starter?
is there a ground issue?
I'm using #1 cable for the starter cable straight from the battery and its fine strand is that good?
I thought my key disables vats?....the car has never had a problem with the key just 8 hours prior it worked and nothing changed.

the battery is in the trunk and has a 0g ground to the body of car a previus ground for the amp
a 2 or 4g (cant remember which) to the engine directly from the negative term of the batt
2g from batt directly to alt and 2g from batt directly to fuse box
0g from batt to in line fuse 2 feet from battery then 2g to starter
theses are the only power/negative from the battery

should I just move the battery back up front or is there a way to keep it in the back also how do I turn the alarm off
I know theres a million posts on this I'm just lost and have spent so many years and a lot of mone getting this car running again 1999 pont trans am