Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

XM/headunit dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 02:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XM/headunit dilemma

Hey guys here dilemma, i currently have an eclipse CD 3421 HU from 3 years ago. I want XM for my car, but the one that I can easily take out and use at work. I am looking at the delphi roady 2, or the skyfi. In order to make it sound like it should I need to hardwire it into the HU, FM modulator is out of the question. My problem is my HU doesn't have an aux input, so I would have to get an EQ. I found the matching eclipse 2101 1/2 din eq for like $150, which would give me an input. But i can pick up the new pioneer HU DEHP7600 for about $200 brand new, which would give me the XM input that I could still use the Delphi (sticking with that so I can take it out for work). Is my eclipse CD 3421 better than the pioneer, or is the pioneer being 3 yrs newer, ahead of the eclipse? How should I go about this??? Any suggestions on this, or any other Ideas for XM, i am open to anything.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:45 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

The XM input in the Pioneer headunit if for use with their XM receiver. Its an IP-Bus port. Unless the pioneer headunit has RCA AUX in, i dont see how you are going to connect a Roady or SkyFi to it.

EDIT:
I just checked out Pioneer's website (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...etailComponent). Is this the DEH-P7600MP? If so, you can get AUX-IN using their adapter (CD-RB10 or CD-RB20).

Last edited by VIP1; 08-21-2004 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome, thanks that is infact the HU I want, but $35 additional dollars for the connector, I am better off just getting the EQ. Are you sure that the delphi can't just hook into the XM part of the HU, makes sense that it wouldn't, but that would be sweet if it did.

Quick Reply: XM/headunit dilemma