Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

if i go with the alpine front speaker mod will i have half the volume?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 02:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default if i go with the alpine front speaker mod will i have half the volume?

i know they won't be as loud at the same volume setting.but will it be such a big differance from the back speakers will this cause a problem?i'm running an alpine deck and this pretty much got rid of most of the muddy sounding bass when stock.do you think the alpine speakers would still be a good upgrade?i may even put the stock headunit back in because it had more bass punch if that makes any sense.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:12 PM
Teching In

o.k . i'll answer myself.i put the alpines in and wow.big differance.sounds pretty good and if anything they may be louder at the same volume setting.probably not but they sound so much better you think they are.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:46 PM
TECH Regular

how much did this cost you?
Old 09-28-2004, 11:03 PM
Teching In

the speakers at cicuit city were 89.00.i used the post at the top of this forum for pics and insructions.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Todd, I'm using a Pioneer deck something 700 Like that, I replaced all the speakers except the mids and amped them. The only thing that still stock is the monsoon amp and the mids ( speakers nearest to the rear seats ). The thing is, they don't kick as hard as the music is playing. Maybe becuase I'm amping the front and rears more than say the mids. My question is, I want to use those buggers at the same level I'm using the rest, but I dont' know where to amp them by. If I amped them to the rear channel, wouldn't it be getting the same signals as the rear, meaning it would have treble? A friend of mine who works at Frys says never to mix highs and lows on the same amp. My solution was to buy another amp for say a sub ( mono ) I was going to do this, but Maybe you might have an alternative.

By the way, I felt the same **** when I first put in new components. Haha all happy cause now everything is crisp and perfect sounding. Good job man.