Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

C5 accessory wire question - how to keep radio alive til door is opened?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 01:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 accessory wire question - how to keep radio alive til door is opened?

I've installed my aftermarket head unit, and used this page as a reference as to where to tap the ignition/accessory wire from:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/phot...cat/500/page/1

I did like this guy and tapped the brown wire. However, when I turn the key off, the radio shuts down. Is there another wire I can tap that will keep the new radio's behavior like the stock radio, where it will stay on until the door is opened?

thanks,
Drew
Old 11-28-2004, 02:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

When I hot wired my radar detector I tapped into the courtesy fuse, and it stays on after I turn off the ignition but turns of when I open the door.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had the same problem. My amps would turn off when the car/ignition was turned off. Tried tapping into the courtesy fuse but the amps stayed on after door was opened even though the radio was off. The amps finally turned off after the courtesy lights went out. I then tapped into the "Radio Fuse" and it now works perfect. Turn the key/ignition off and radio/amps stay on but as soon as I open the door the radio and amps turn off like before.

-Tom
Old 11-29-2004, 06:50 PM
Staging Lane

badass, that's exactly what I need, thanks y'all!!!