Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

I have 2 problems and need HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 12:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I have 2 problems and need HELP!!!

1) Ok, heres the deal. I turn on my rear defrost and it shuts off after about a minute and wont come back on. In addition when it shuts off my power seats wont werk anymore. And it is not blowing out the fuse or anything. What is causing this and how can I fix it?

2) My cigarette lighter and my extra outlet by the emergency brake are not working. So I went to the fuse box and sure enough the fuse was blown. So I got a new fuse plugged it in and POP, the damn thing sparked and blew that fuse. So I tried another, same thing! What is going on?

Any help would be great!
Old 11-30-2004, 12:01 PM
Teching In

About the fuse thing just poppin off like that.. That means there's some power wire touching a ground somewhere in your vehicle. Most likely the extra outlet if that's the fuse that's popping. I would check your cigarette lighter and the extra oulet's wires and make sure that none of them are stripped.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:20 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Make sure no coins got inside them either. I remember someone else with the fuse problem and it turned out that a coin was in the lighter socket.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:23 PM
TECH Regular

AHHH, I didn't think about the coin thing! Thanks alot guys! I fixed the rear defrost by replacing the 30A circuit breaker with a standard 30A fuse, works just fine now. I will now check to see if I have any ground and hot wires touching. Thanks Again.