Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

CD player install troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 02:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD player install troubleshooting

I have a tape player in my car. I just ordered a monsoon CD player. When I swap it in, will the cd player lock out? And if so how do I fix it?
Old 12-04-2004, 09:10 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Define the term "lock out" .Will the Cd player fit in your dash? Yes. If it is a Cd changer will it work with the tape deck? yes , IF it has cd changer controls built into the tape deck. Will it set a security on the Monsoon CD player after being installed? No , if it is a new unit or the previous owner didn't program a code into it.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It depends on the year and the lock out code. I have the monsson tapedeck in my car with the 12disc changer in the back. and I think I'm about 90% positive that the monsoon cd player will not work in a 97 or 98 because they are wired different that the 99+ cars. As for the lock out code you should be able to go to a chevy dealer and get the code. I think there is a universal code to unlock them. Dunno it's all a craps shoot. If the person who owned it before never activated the code it will be fine. the way you know that is if while installed in the car before a red light flashed on the headunit while the car is turned off than the code has been activated. If not the code was never activated. I'm pretty sure that theydid not come from the factory activated. The original buyer had to activate it. Hope this helps. But like I said before call your local dealer and they should be able to give you the code if it ha been activated.

Quick Reply: CD player install troubleshooting