Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Possible anti theft idea?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible anti theft idea?

I'm thinking of installing a line lock in my car and started thinking that possibly when you go to turn off the car, this could be engaged so that the front brakes are locked, with the switch hidden in the ashtray or center glove compartment. This could possibly prevent a thief from taking off with your car because the front brakes are locked.

Has anyone thought of this or is it not possible because of some reason or another?

I know it wouldn't prevent someone from breaking in, but if it makes it harder for them to run off with you ride until someone can get out there with a gun or a cop can show up...it might be worth it?

Let me know your thoughts, experience, ideas, etc....
Old 12-17-2004, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

you could always just pop the hood when your about to leave it and unplug the start wire, passenger side purple plug.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I was thinking of this as one extra step when shutting down your car when going into a mall or store or something that didn't require you to pop the hood, just one extra piece of insurance that may help stop someone from taking off with the car until you, a cop or a bullet can get to them...
Old 12-17-2004, 05:35 PM
TECH Resident

I think it's a bad idea to keep the brake lines under that kind of pressure for an extended period of time.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:39 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by kpowr82
I think it's a bad idea to keep the brake lines under that kind of pressure for an extended period of time.
That is what I was thinking.