Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

door lock problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 03:51 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default door lock problem

here's my delima:
when i hit the lock button on my key fob or the botton on the door both doors lock ( no problem there) , but when i hit the unlock button ( twice on the key fob) the driver door unlocks but the pass doesn't ( it actually will lock if it was in the unlocked position).
i just replaced the solenoid thingy in the passenger door and no luck. what could be causing this? what can i do??
Old 12-28-2004, 08:39 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Does it unlock if you press the button on the passenger's door? This is a more direct connection and will tell us if the problem is in the door hardware or the BCM circuit.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:35 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no it doesn't, it does the same thing ( locks ok , but when you unlock it does nothing if locked or locks if unlocked) .
the other thing is that you hear and see the solenoid move a bit when that happens, just like its trying something. i checked for binding and everything moved smoothely.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:21 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

There would seem to be a problem at the door lock actuator. It is a reversible motor that locks when voltage is applied to the gray wire and unlocks when voltage is applied to the gray with black stripe wire.

First, unplug the connector from the actuator. Then test with a meter or test light that you have battery voltage on the gray wire and ground on the gray with black stripe wire when the lock button is pressed. Then check that those are reversed (ground on the gray wire and battery voltage on the gray with black stripe) when the unlock button is pressed. If this is true then the actuator itself is the problem. If not, then you have a problem someplace in those two wires (shorted together?) or in the BCM.

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 12-28-2004 at 01:28 PM.