Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Known electrical problems.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Tech Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Known electrical problems.....

Second time in six months I have had my formula in the dealer to work on the steering column/turn signal/tilt mechanism issue. Not sure what causes it but my brake lights went south the first time intermittantly. They replaced the turn signal switch mechanism and all was good until recently.

Now, my right turn signal/brake light does not work. It shows as being on solid in the dash cluster when i turn the lever to the on position. Nothing happens at the front or rear lighting circuit. When I leave it on and tilt the wheel all the way up it goes away at the dash guage cluster. Also the right brake light does not function. The center light and left side tail light work fine when applying the brakes. Nada at the right side.

Another problem is my formula goes through the driving/fog lights at a helacious clip. about once every 2 months they take a **** on me.

Anybody else have these problems? Is there a permanant fix other than replacing the turn signal switch mechanism and waiting for it to fail again.

My guess is the wires are getting pinched in the steering column.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rokko
Second time in six months I have had my formula in the dealer to work on the steering column/turn signal/tilt mechanism issue. Not sure what causes it but my brake lights went south the first time intermittantly. They replaced the turn signal switch mechanism and all was good until recently.

Now, my right turn signal/brake light does not work. It shows as being on solid in the dash cluster when i turn the lever to the on position. Nothing happens at the front or rear lighting circuit. When I leave it on and tilt the wheel all the way up it goes away at the dash guage cluster. Also the right brake light does not function. The center light and left side tail light work fine when applying the brakes. Nada at the right side.

Another problem is my formula goes through the driving/fog lights at a helacious clip. about once every 2 months they take a **** on me.

Anybody else have these problems? Is there a permanant fix other than replacing the turn signal switch mechanism and waiting for it to fail again.

My guess is the wires are getting pinched in the steering column.
sounds like that's the problem too. Ironically, another problem again from the same area. I would say that's a posibliity.