Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Problem with Stock Speakers....

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 07:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problem with Stock Speakers....

My speakers sound pretty good.. kind of low, and not a lot of bass. I think the subs aren't connected properly. I can't hear them when the car is just still or driving down the street. When I get onto the freeway, and hit the gas, they come on for some reason. this is when the stock system sounds pretty good. As soon as I pushed the brakes, these **** stop playing, and then it sounds like ****.

What could be the problem, sould i just take them out to see if they are connected properly?
Old 01-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Launching!

Since they are the stock speakers you are talking about,,I would guess it may be your alternator.

When my alternator started going bad..it would do some weird things to the electronics. My rear speaker would cut in and out. It would also make sence that when you are accelerating, it would come on clear. Just my guess..
Old 01-12-2005, 09:24 AM
Teching In

I would definitely agree that it is coming from your alternator. Sometimes your headlights may do the same thing, or dim and then get brighter when you step on the gas. I've heard about it before, and I'm pretty sure if you get a better alternator that will correct your problem.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:13 PM
Teching In

The little ring around the power button controls how loud the volume is if it is turned on. The harder you drive, the louder it gets to make up for the road noise. Turn it off and it should sound normal. At least that how it is on my Monsoon.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:30 AM
TECH Addict

Also check the connections on your subs. I had one that was not playing at all. I pulled it out and low and be hold it started playing with no problem. I guess the connection was not making contact.