Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Daytime running lights dont work

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Daytime running lights dont work

Blinkers work fine, parking lamps come on when I turn them on, but I have no DRL. I did a search and found something about the DRL module. How hard is it to replace and where can you get it?
Old 01-16-2005, 08:13 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The DRL module is easy to replace. It is clipped to the ductwork behind the radio. Pull the radio and you will see it on the back right side of the opening. It's a box about the size of a pack of cigarettes.

The only place to get one is the dealer or an online GM parts site like gmpartsdirect.com.

However, I would check some other things first before spending the money on a DRL module. For example, the DRLs won't go on if the parking brake is engaged. Check that the parking brake switch works and that the wire to it hasn't grounded out someplace.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
The DRL module is easy to replace. It is clipped to the ductwork behind the radio. Pull the radio and you will see it on the back right side of the opening. It's a box about the size of a pack of cigarettes.

The only place to get one is the dealer or an online GM parts site like gmpartsdirect.com.

However, I would check some other things first before spending the money on a DRL module. For example, the DRLs won't go on if the parking brake is engaged. Check that the parking brake switch works and that the wire to it hasn't grounded out someplace.
Thanks for the advice, I'm looking into it.