Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

factory alarm problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 06:05 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

There is no underhood speaker or interior sensors for the factory alarm. The only sensors are for the openings (doors, etc.) and the shock sensor. The alarm works fine with the shock sensor disconnected.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
There is no underhood speaker or interior sensors for the factory alarm. The only sensors are for the openings (doors, etc.) and the shock sensor. The alarm works fine with the shock sensor disconnected.
So, I arming the Theft Detterent on the chime 3 (factory settings) then lockout flashing and horn chirp on 5. But nothing...
Old 09-25-2017, 04:35 PM
Staging Lane

No idea?
Old 09-26-2017, 07:03 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Does the alarm work? Try activating the alarm and then opening the door without using the remote to disarm the alarm.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:25 AM
Staging Lane

Does the alarm work? Try activating the alarm and then opening the door without using the remote to disarm the alarm.
Nope, that's don't work. No LED blinking on the dash too
Old 09-26-2017, 07:37 AM
Staging Lane

I think I know why... Pin C8. I have the Europe export model. I guess the Theft Deterrent Relay is not wired to the BCM (but I have it behind the Radio Unit)

I'll try to connect the relay to the C8 and see what's happened. I wire the rear fog light in different way than the schematic few months ago

Last edited by Guillaume Malaquin; 09-26-2017 at 08:36 AM.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:20 PM
Staging Lane

So, the C8 and D9 for the Rear fog lights was connected directly together (not through the BCM), 'cause the European BCM have the circuit but not the US BCM (I change it to have Key fob). And it's work.

I found a Relay behind the Radio Unit, but no wires was in the right color for the Deterrent Relay.. I try to connect every wire anyway to the C8 with a jumper for test. No one work. So I don't know what can I do... It seem to be the Blower relay

Maybe I just don't have the Theft Deterrent Relay. In europe there are Texalarm installed on it, but mine it was removed I guess (some wires was cutted, with sensor cables etc).

So, If I see right, C1 & C2 are ground. The A1 go to C8 of BCM and A2 (0.8 BRN) pins relay of Theft Systems go to the hazard??? It seem to not have connexion for European

Last edited by Guillaume Malaquin; 09-26-2017 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:34 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

If the factory alarm doesn't work then trying to get the arm/disarm notifications to work is probably pointless. In a normal installation, the alarm will arm and disarm regardless of whether the theft deterrent relay is present. The relay only provides separation between the alarm and the parking light circuit.

Try setting the Keyless Entry Verification options instead of the Theft Deterrent Verification and see if that works.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:46 PM
Staging Lane

If the factory alarm doesn't work then trying to get the arm/disarm notifications to work is probably pointless. In a normal installation, the alarm will arm and disarm regardless of whether the theft deterrent relay is present. The relay only provides separation between the alarm and the parking light circuit.

Try setting the Keyless Entry Verification options instead of the Theft Deterrent Verification and see if that works.
Already programmed, don't work too
Old 09-30-2017, 05:17 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Guillaume Malaquin

Ok, so I connected a LED on C16 and the other lead with the ground on C1.

I checked everywhere, I don't have the Theft Relay.
And I checked the BCM connector, I don't have wire on D15 "Park Lamps Feed". So I guess I have everything on my car, just it's not wired because of Export conditions (Rear fog lights, european "Texalarm" alarm etc...)

I try to wire everything like it should and testing the relay with the Blower Relay. Stay tuned
Old 09-30-2017, 07:33 AM
Staging Lane

So.

LED on C16 : Work
Theft Relay : Work when I open my doors with arming theft it sound, crispy sound but sound, when I locked them, it sound, when I hit the panic button it sound. So the relay activate the system.

Horn Chirp : Don't work
Turn signal verification: Don't work

So, I really need a relay for working. C9 for Horns control are not wired, and I need to figure out where I need to wire the A2 from Relay Theft Deterrent

Last edited by Guillaume Malaquin; 09-30-2017 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

Horn Chirp : Work very well now ! Alarm working great too
Turn signal verification : Work very well too !

I found where I need to wire everything and it's work like a charm. So we need the relay for Turn signal, but don't need for the horn.

Here the videos of everything :

LED wired :
Facebook Post

Turn Signal verification testing :
Facebook Post

Horn testing :
Facebook Post

Thanks !
Old 09-30-2017, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

I think it's supposed to work like that

Facebook Post

Last edited by Guillaume Malaquin; 10-03-2017 at 03:17 PM.

Quick Reply: factory alarm problems