Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

which wire controls dome lights????

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question which wire controls dome lights????

installing an alarm and I can't seem to find the door switch! I want to control the dome lights with the alarm but retain the factory fade to black feature it has. can anybody help me with this? 2002 camaro ss
Old 07-06-2005, 09:47 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Two different issues there - the door switch wiring and the courtesy lights. The door switch wiring is the gray with black wire in position D11 in the 32-pin blue connector at the BCM and the passenger door switch uses the black with white wire next to it in position D12. These two circuits must be diode isolated when connected to an aftermarket alarm. The pin positions are numbered left to right when looking at the connector with the locking tab on top and the wires coming out the back. The top row (closest to the locking tab) has positions C1 through C16 and the bottom row has D1 through D16.

All of the courtesy lights (map lights, hatch light, etc.) are supplied with battery power all the time. The BCM controls them by gradually reducing the ground to provide the "theater" dimming effect. That variable ground wire is the white wire in position D1 of the 32-pin blue connector at the BCM (it's the only all white wire in that connector).
Old 07-31-2005, 12:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome info WhiteBird00, thanks!