Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

ur opinions on sub box

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ur opinions on sub box

Now I am looking a getting subs, either alpine 1 type x or 2 type r. I was thinking of getting a steath box done and extend it a bit so the type x would fit or just if anything use a normal type r, but then using the type x idea that will stick out to far and the t-tops won't fit. So this is kinda useless. Ive seen custom boxes build that have atleast 1.1 cu ft per side but only use the upper half of the well, kinda wasting the lower half for space. If I used the lower half then the box might only come up halfways up the rear well, and then flip back the top lid and lay the ttops along the back lid. But would that cause problems with the bass hitting against the top lid? I'm just curious how well do those stealthbox sound, hit hard, or is it more worth it to take up the t-top space and put a larger box? And if u have a sub with 1000 rms will it be the same as 2 subs that have 500 rms, meaning if I got one type x will that be like 2 type r's

Ive also seen those qlogic enclosures and it says they have .65 and some for .85 cu ft per side, kinda stupid cause the stealth box has .6, I could just get a passenger and driver stealth and accomplish the same cu ft, and not use up the middle.

Thanks for anyhelp on so many questions

Last edited by bubba24; 11-05-2005 at 11:01 PM.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

I would listen around before you bought anything. In my opinion there are alot better and louder sounding subs.

And if u have a sub with 1000 rms will it be the same as 2 subs that have 500 rms, meaning if I got one type x will that be like 2 type r's

Dont believe that more watts equals louder. It is always better to get the right sub with the right power in the right box.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

will a type-x even fit in a stealthbox, say either the mtx or subthump, jl audio?

Thanks