Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

PIAA 510 Driving lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PIAA 510 Driving lights

I just purchased this kit to replace my factory fog lights but I am having trouble removing the fog lights since they don't seem to fit trough the front holes in my 99 Trans-Am bumper and I can't remove them trough the back because of the reinforcement bar that is in the way.

Is there any way to remove the factory fog lights without having to remove my front bumper.

Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks
Old 11-17-2005, 12:49 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This doesn't really apply to your TA, but installation is prob similar to my '97 z28.

Similar in the fact that I had to pull the entire bumper skin to get the lights installed.

This was mainly done so that the new brackets could be properly attached to whatever was behind there (I did this back in 99... 7 yrs ago).

I didn't see any other way to get at the stuff behind it without pulling the skin off.

Aside from a bunch of screws and clips holding it in place, it's not that big a deal to remove...
Old 11-17-2005, 07:10 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Removal is awkward but not particularly difficult. How difficult the installation is will depend on how much you have to modify brackets and such to make the new lights fit.

Here is a link to a page I saved some time ago from the old ls1.com that details how to install BlazerTech halogen lights in place of factory fogs on a T/A. The BlazerTech lights are the same size as the factory lights so I don't know how much of the installation information will be helpful but it shows how to remove the factory lights first.
Fog Light Installation