Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

need some help please

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need some help please

to make a long story short i dont know alot about audio stuff so i went to best buy (big mistake) bought everything they said i should get. only to end up with a damaged car(another story) and a setup that has no bass at all. what i have is a aiwa head unit, alpine sps 170a's up front and some pioneers in the sail pannels with a kenwood 4 channel kac-8402 amp. i am thinking that maybe if i replace the pioneers with a set of http://edesignaudio.com/product.php?...b=Apps&cur=USD
i might have something that sounds nice. i am not looking for a ton of bass i just want something that sounds good. i listen mostly to rock so i dont need thumping. will these work? and if they will do need the the 2 or 4 ohm?
Old 12-11-2005, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You're not going to get much bass from any 6.5" speaker. If the speakers you have sound good (except for the lack of bass), I'd just get a mono amp and a 10" or 12" subwoofer mounted in a stealth box.

If not, find some speakers you like. AS for the EU-700's, they've been tried with the stock HU/Amp and have been found lacking. Plus, they are deep and require some cutting to make them fit. That's not to say they won't work with your setup. If you do decide to try them, I'd get the 4-ohm.

Last edited by HiTechGent; 12-11-2005 at 09:43 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:16 PM
11 Second Club

well i dont have the stock hu or amp anymore and i dont want alot of bass just something similar the factory stuff only a little more durable. as for the stealth box i dont want to add all that stuff because i just dont like the bumpin kinda bass. if those are hard to mount are there any 6.5" mid bass that can be mounted fairly easily and sound good with what i have?
Old 12-13-2005, 07:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you re-wire the car, or are you using the factory wiring for the speakers?
Old 12-13-2005, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I looked up your Kenwood Amp. It has built-in crossovers that are adjustable. As well as a 6dB Bass Boost control for the rear channels. Fixing your problem may be as simple as playing with your Amp control adjustments until you get a more pleasing sound out.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:52 AM
11 Second Club

the whole car was rewired. would the amp push the eu 700's decent?