Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Pioneer replacement setup?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 02:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer replacement setup?

Hey guys,

Ive been thinking of replacing my system with Pioneers... The problem is that there havent been any sail panel speakers in the car since I got it... I have a little experience in working with speakers, I used to help out a friend who built "systems". So I was planning on going with 6.5 or 6.75 inch Pioneer 3 or 4 ways in the doors, 6.75 inch 2 ways in the sails and a 4 channel amp to power them... I have looked at any specific speaker models, but if possible then the rev (yellow) series. Through my friend the setup should cost me about $300, and no more than $400.

Is there something I am overlooking or is there a better setup for the same price figure?

The only thing is that my friend is in the states, and I just moved to Europe... I havent found a place that sells Pioneers here yet, but would imagine they cost more here then it is for them over there and shipping over here. That also leaves the option of going with a different brand which is more availble here.

Thanks in advance.