Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Who all is running 8's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who all is running 8's?

What you think of them? I'm going to mount them where the t-tops go and we are going to do a little custom work.

I finally got around to getting a system. I'm going to be putting in the Cd player and running the wires for the subs/amp tonight. I went with 2 8's in a what we call a "sam's special" around here (b/c the guy who makes them). Now, I'm sure most would say to go with atleast 10's but I got to listen to these in a truck and I think in a hatch they will sound great. Not looking for a ton of bass just a little boom boom. I'll report back with the sound when done.

They are rockford p2 8's amp is the rf p 325 I believe. Hopefully I will not be disappointed. Either way I am getting a good deal.

Kyle
Old 09-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have CDT 8" carbon fiber subs in my sail panels. They do ok...they would do better in a sealed enclosure though.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Got deck in with HU mounting kit. Looks awesome! Well worth the extra $$$ Subs will get put in sometime this weekend still not sure how we are going to do it but wires are ran.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:59 AM
Teching In

I have mtx 5500 8" subs in the sail pannels with rockford amp 100 watts going to them, and it sounds good. no 12, but you cant even tell they are there... till you turn it up