Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Camaro Convertible w/Monsoon questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro Convertible w/Monsoon questions

I read through the sticky and found that the factory amp powers all 8 speakers.
What I didn't find was whether or not the there is a high-pass x-over for the tweeter. I'm assuming there is because I didn't see a capacitor any where near the tweeter.

Can I get a cheaper set of components that are able to mount like a coaxial speaker and just not use the x-overs?
Old 09-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The crossover is passive and is mounted in the door panel. It is covered in black foam and you can't really tell what it is unless you remove it and tear the foam off it. At least in a T/A it is.
As far as the type of speaker you are describing, I actually carry some like that. They are the CDT CL-61CV. They are perfect for a Camaro because they still wire up like stock. The Camaro doors actually have a "hybrid" coaxial because it uses seperate wires for tweeter and midbass to one speaker. This can be a pain when shopping for aftermarket speakers as most only have one set of leads to connect to so you either end up with just midrange or just highs unless the tweeter wire is accessable.
The CL-61CV is made for this application. It is a component that can be used as a coaxial. I am offering these in a package but if you just want the CL-61CV set I can do that on special for $129.00...shipping via UPS included. Here's a picture:

Another option for you is the Powerbass Xtreme 6.75" coaxial that has an exposed crossover network you can wire into easily. They are Powerbass's top of the line coaxial and I offer these at $78.00 a pair. If you look closely at the edge you can see all the different provisions for mounting these as well. If you have more questions PM me and I will answer any questions you may have!!