Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Camaro power window help

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro power window help

Today I went to pick up my dad's car to borrow and it's a 2002 Camaro SS. I park and hit the power windows and the damn passenger side window is stuck down.

Driver's side goes up and down, passenger is stuck in the middle, no up or down. Master switch gives me no love, neither does the pass switch. Anybody got an idea so at least I can get the window up and leave it there? Any help is greatly appreciated, I really want to fix it before I give it back to him but first I need to get the thing up.

Anybody got a wiring diagram for this?
Old 09-29-2007, 04:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's probably the motor, not a wiring issue. Happened to me too but fortunately the window was up. Try letting it cool a few minutes and see if you can get a switch to raise it a couple inches at a time, waiting in between tries - that's what they usually do before it completely dies. Window motors on F-bodies fail all the time.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the response bro. I got the window up a couple more inches. I was sent here from guys at turbobuicks.com and I like the setup. I think electrical systems hate me, my Powermaster on the GN failed a week or so ago and now this, LOL. God bless General Motors.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea this happened to my driver side one... you just have to drive around and try it randomly until it goes all the way up and then leave it... the reason they fail all the time is because the passenger one draws power from the driver side instead of each having their own power source... people sell kits to divide the two and help out, however, if you just roll one window up at a time, i hear that helps to make them last longer..