Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Odd issue with A/C, fan

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd issue with A/C, fan

Not sure if this is a good place for this but here goes..... I'm having this weird problem with the interior fan. It will only blow on the last two speeds, but when A/C is on, and I turn the fan to the first speed, the compressor clutch engages. I replaced the switch panel with a used one and it did the same thing. So I thought it must be wiring. So on the harness to the fan speed selector, I traced it back as far as I could for signs of damage but saw none. I forgot my voltmeter so I went ahead and cut and spliced the pigtail that came with my switch panel. No change. So the switch will engage the clutch on the compressor but I have no fan til the highest two speeds. Any suggestions?
Old 10-03-2007, 10:00 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like blower motor regulator. Ive never messed with on in these cars, but since your a/c clutch engages i would say the switch is fine.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by redls1bird
Sounds like blower motor regulator. Ive never messed with on in these cars, but since your a/c clutch engages i would say the switch is fine.
Oh forgot I had posted this! Yeah I took it to a local guy that's pretty good with this stuff. Over the phone he says he knows what it is. He called it a blower fan resistor though. I guess that solves it!