Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Red Halos On All The Time ...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Rai
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Halos On All The Time ...

is it a good idea to leave your halos on all the time ... i dont mean "all the time" but like while its parked at school and stuff like that

what are some problems you would run into?

and how long would your battery last before you cant start your car .. and you have to get a jump

just thought it would be mean to see a f-body parked in a lot with its halos on
Old 10-12-2007, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Well the halos are either LED or CCFL lit which don't take much electricity at all. Probably no more than all the other stuff that is on while the car is parked. You'd probably have to let it sit that way for days at least to drain the battery. If it is just during an afternoon then it shouldn't come close to draining the battery.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Reading those two posts just gave me an incredible idea! Know how people wire up second batteries so they can play their stereo, and when it runs out, it cuts out and doesn't drain the other battery and is also charged by the alt. It would be awesome if you did that and had your halos wired up to it to literally stay on all of the time!!
Old 10-13-2007, 01:10 AM
10 Second Club

i would think that they would eventually burn out? correct me if i'm wrong
Old 10-13-2007, 01:52 AM
TECH Resident

have had mine for 3.5 years....... I have had them on for months at a time....... no probs yet.

let me ask you a question...... does your led for your alarm drain your battery? No it doesnt. LED's use such a small fraction of power that it doesnt matter if you keep them on.

As far as life span, technically everythign has some sort of life span.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

plus LEDs last 1000000times longer than regular bulbs. yes they can burn out but if you have red halo's doesnt that mean you changed the LED in the halo once already? just change em out if they ever do go.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:33 PM
Teching In

hey where can i find a set of those halo / projector head lights? and how is the light pattern/output compared to stock? is it worth it or u just buying sum crappy jap lights with halos?

P.S. an LEDs lifespan is rated between 50k and 100k hours, so you don't realy have to worry about them burning out