Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Right front Blinker won't work.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Right front Blinker won't work.

For the last few weeks my right front blinker hasn't been working. The park light still works and the rear blinker still works.

I have already checked and replaced the bulb and the socket.

Also I am having a hard time tracing the wire. There is a blue, brown and black wire. Does anyone have a diagram or any ideas where my problem might be. Thanks!
Old 03-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Blue is turn signal/daytime running light, brown is parking light, and black is ground.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:26 AM
Launching!

Hey my car had the same problem when i bought it, i changed the bulbs like 2 times and worked for like a day, but i moved the bulb around to make it work again, and kept doing this until it fixed itself.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:17 AM
Staging Lane

drl fuse??? make sure one of the 2 brake lights arent out in the back.. that will cause it to not blink.. but if the bulb keeps going bad... i think there is a fuse for it..
Old 03-24-2008, 02:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pretty common problem.. have you checked your blinker fluid levels?

http://www.geocities.com/changeyourb...kerfluid1.html
yea I know, gets old...but the above link is one I hadn't seen before. I especially like what he finds in his blinker fluid!

But yea - as mentioned, be sure all all other bulbs are working.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:21 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

I hadn't seen that link either! I especially like the part about finding rice in the blinker fluid.

It may be a little old but it's still funny. Here is the original link to a site where you can purchase blinker fluid (for those who may not have seen it before): http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...&products_id=6
Old 03-25-2008, 09:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Those links are awsome... Heard it a million times never seen instructions

On a serious note, you may replace your flasher it can cause weird stuff to happen.

Also the factory gaskets allow water in to blow the bulbs, AutoTrix has replacments.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gnomee
Those links are awsome... Heard it a million times never seen instructions

On a serious note, you may replace your flasher it can cause weird stuff to happen.

Also the factory gaskets allow water in to blow the bulbs, AutoTrix has replacments.
I'm pretty sure it isn't the flasher because the tailight still works. I just don't think any power is getting to the fron bulb. I have no idea where the problem could be.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:19 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

The only real difference between the front signals and the rear is that the front gets routed through the DRL module. It's possible that there is some problem with the DRL module especially if someone tried to disable the DRLs.

The DRL module is a black box about the size of a pack of cigarettes mounted to the defroster duct behind the radio. It has two plugs - one 8-pin black and one 8-pin blue. In the black connector, the dark blue with white and the light blue with white wires are the turn signal input from the switch. The plain dark blue and light blue wires are the output to the front lamps. (In both cases the dark blue is the right side and the light blue is the left side.) Using a multimeter or test light to check that you have the proper input and output at the DRL module will tell you if the module is the problem or if it's someplace else in the wiring.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

That flasher is tricky though. Its only a couple bucks and completetly worth trying if you are stumped as of yet. I've had full on intermitent only one light not working and crazy things like that due to a short to ground in the flasher.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

It is not possible for the flasher to cause a situation where the rear lights flash but the front ones don't - it's simply an electrical impossibility. The flasher is in the power feed side of the turn signal switch. In other words, the power is already flashing on and off as it goes through the switch and out to the front and rear lamps.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
The only real difference between the front signals and the rear is that the front gets routed through the DRL module. It's possible that there is some problem with the DRL module especially if someone tried to disable the DRLs.

The DRL module is a black box about the size of a pack of cigarettes mounted to the defroster duct behind the radio. It has two plugs - one 8-pin black and one 8-pin blue. In the black connector, the dark blue with white and the light blue with white wires are the turn signal input from the switch. The plain dark blue and light blue wires are the output to the front lamps. (In both cases the dark blue is the right side and the light blue is the left side.) Using a multimeter or test light to check that you have the proper input and output at the DRL module will tell you if the module is the problem or if it's someplace else in the wiring.
The DRL module was the problem. Thanks!