Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How to Relocate Battery in C5 Vette???

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to Relocate Battery in C5 Vette???

I am having some electrical issues with my C5. I have diagnosed them to a bad battery cable. I am going to replace both cables.

I know lots of you stereo guys relocate or place batteries in the trunk. I am going to purchase a NHRA approved and vented box from summit or jegs. The car is tracked so I need a approved box.

My intention is to put it in the center rear compartment in the hatch area of the car. Has anyone done this? Did you run the negative cable to the front of the car or did you use a ground on the frame in the rear of the car? What type of cable did you use? How did you route both cables? Did you attach the box or tray to the frame? If so how?

Any other information I need?
Old 04-04-2008, 10:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure how strict the track is your race at... but when relocating a battery, a lot will want you to have a battery cut off switch with a clearly labeled Push OFF sticker.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

aren't C5's pretty well balanced, anyways? I'm not sure there's a real good point to doing this