Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Low battery, can it affect the security system..

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 05:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Low battery, can it affect the security system..

Ok , well my mom has a 2002 camaro.. since last november the cars been acting up with the security system. the car randomly starts when it wants to.all the accessories turn on the car just doesnt crank//and then the security light comes on wait 3 min for the light to turn off then try again and so forth....prolly due to the vatts thats what i think it is ...but anyways this mechanic is trying to tell us a low battery can affect this.(the car does need a new battery its going , making it hard to start the car when it does crank)....so does a low battery mess with the security system not allowing the car to start through that reason..(not the obvious reason) ...can this be ture..does anyone know..or should i try a vatts bypass, after we buy a new battery cause the car does need one...
thanks for the help...
Old 04-10-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

I had a bunch of problems my clifford alarm a while back. It was the battery , it had a shorted cell so i replaced it. No more problems with the alarm after that.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MidwayAvenue
Ok , well my mom has a 2002 camaro.. since last november the cars been acting up with the security system. the car randomly starts when it wants to.all the accessories turn on the car just doesnt crank//and then the security light comes on wait 3 min for the light to turn off then try again and so forth....prolly due to the vatts thats what i think it is ...but anyways this mechanic is trying to tell us a low battery can affect this.(the car does need a new battery its going , making it hard to start the car when it does crank)....so does a low battery mess with the security system not allowing the car to start through that reason..(not the obvious reason) ...can this be ture..does anyone know..or should i try a vatts bypass, after we buy a new battery cause the car does need one...
thanks for the help...
i had that happen to me also it sucked... could not get in the car

Quick Reply: Low battery, can it affect the security system..