Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Correct me if I am wrong...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 03:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Correct me if I am wrong...

Okay before I did anything I read all the faq's and stickies and thought I understood the wiring of the monsoon system in my 98 camaro, but today it threw me for a loop. I upgraded my front speakers about a month ago to the alpine 170a's, and wired the tweeter up seperate since all the threads say that the headunit itself powers the tweeter. Well today I replaced the remaining speakers in my car and decided to add an aftermarket amp for them. I pulled the plug on the stock monsoon amp and lost all of my audio, if the tweeters are being powered by the headunit this should not of happend right? or do they somehow run through the amp, but not powered by it??? If I have to I guess I can run some new wires from the deck itself but just found this abit odd. If anyone can tell me whats up I would appreciate it, thanks.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's the Firebird that has it's tweeters powered by the HU. Monsoon amp is 8-ch, powers all speakers in Camaro, and all but hatch tweeters and door tweeters in the Firebird.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, thanks for the help, guess I know what I need to do now.... sigh.. hahahaha