Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Zo6 projector gauges conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Zo6 projector gauges conversion?

Anyone ever put the Z06 projector gauges in their f-body? I've wanted to do this for a long time. I've tried to do a search on it, but can't find anything.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Try a search on "heads up display" or HUD.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know there are a handful of threads on the subject...on here and other forums around the net. I dont think anyones come up with a reasonable solution for it. Special glass seems to be the hang up for most...creating a good image on the windshield is difficult.

Do some searching with HUD as stated above, and do a google on it too. Doesnt have to be f-body related...because the basic principles will apply.

J.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know there's a special glass that's used on those cars, but I was thinking there would be some sort of coating you could put on the glass where the display would be projected. Something like a square of a really light tint, or even some sort of clear coat that's a little darker than factory glass. It'd definately have to be something non-permanent.

I have heard of autometer having a HUD for cars with boost so that it will display everything up beside the A-pillar instead of having to put in one of those ugly pillar pods.

Supposedly those were marketing for around $30, but the catch was that the "camera" to take a picture of the hidden gauge was pretty pricey... Anyone heard of that too?
Old 04-21-2008, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all just state that its not plug and play because it talks to the vette gauge cluster on the vettes

also there are many vette guys who have added it after the fact and have the standard windshield and no issues seeing it
Old 04-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 144 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...&highlight=hud

Quick Reply: Zo6 projector gauges conversion?