Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Lets see some aftermarket Headunits

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lets see some aftermarket Headunits

^^^ Im at the point and time where im about to threw my ipod fm transmitter out the window. Idk if i will get a 2000+02 stock headunit or an aftermarket one. Ive never been a fan of the aftermarket look but it might be a cheaper route and with better sound. So what do you guys think i should do. Pics wood be great.

Thanks
Chris
Old 04-21-2008, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

Its not really aftermarket, just home made. Does it still count??

Old 04-21-2008, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I love that, how tough would that be to replicate your set up?
Old 04-21-2008, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

About 800 dollars worth of hardware, lots of time, custom mold touch screen to radio bezel, trim lots of radio brackets to let headunit slide back in the dash behind the screen, Buy stock in patience.

Its a full blown computer with a touch screen to control it. RIght now the computer lives behind the drivers seat, where the rear drivers side seat bottom would go, but i removed it. Thats where it will stay til i build a custom case to stuff it in the back, to the left of where the t-tops go.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redls1bird
About 800 dollars worth of hardware, lots of time, custom mold touch screen to radio bezel, trim lots of radio brackets to let headunit slide back in the dash behind the screen, Buy stock in patience.

Its a full blown computer with a touch screen to control it. RIght now the computer lives behind the drivers seat, where the rear drivers side seat bottom would go, but i removed it. Thats where it will stay til i build a custom case to stuff it in the back, to the left of where the t-tops go.

Interesting. Looks good too. Have a write-up on it? I'm stupid/patient enough to try it....cause I'd love to have a way to display my HP Tuners scanner on the dash for easy reading
Old 04-22-2008, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

No writeup on it, its not really that cut and dry. If your actually interested in it, I suggest you check out the forums at mp3car.com. They have all the information that you could ever want on implementing a computer in the car. Make sure you search first if you have a question though, its most likely there, and some of the mods get annoyed about that,

EDIT: this is as close as i have to a writeup. Just a small sample of what i went through to get it done.

Last edited by redls1bird; 04-22-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is my alpine cda-9857 and faceplate....