Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help quick with factory.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help quick with factory.....

Alarm ssystem. everytime i activate or lock my doors with keyless entry the horn gives me a double honk about 1 min after activating, and then every 20-30 secs i get the double honk again until i deactivate the system. I have to leave it disengaged or else it honks all night. I resynced the remote to the car but this didn't work either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-27-2008, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe a bad alarm sensor?

I know once you lock the car it should beep twice to let you know all is closed. If only beeps once, then either door or hatch is open. Keep us updated as you fix the problem.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Common problem - there is a shock sensor which is above the rear passenger wheel well, pull off the panel to access the spare tire and near the top of the wheel well you will find a little box with a few wires coming out of it.... disconnect the wire plug and try to arm - if it does not now go off the shock sensor is toast(usually find signs of moisture in there). Replace if you choose to do so

HTH