Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Blew another stock sub

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Blew another stock sub

Until now I have been pretty contempt buying the stock subs for the sail panel (I have a buddy who works at the dealership) but this is the 3rd time...

I recently found this thread and was wondering if anyone else had used the Elemental Design subs and liked them. The only one that I have found to come with the DVC that small.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/639901-install-guide-w-pics-upgrading-factory-monsoon-subs-6-5-ones-ed-eu700s.html

Lemme know what y'all think!
Thanks!
Old 09-12-2008, 06:55 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

I have the eD 7kv.2 subs (formerly EU-700) and love them. They aren't a replacement for a larger sub but they are a vast improvement over stock. You get much crisper and richer bass at all volume levels. They're a bit more work to install because of the spacer but it's not that difficult.

Another option is the Bazooka RS604DVC that fit without requiring a spacer. Bazooka doesn't have the best reputation but everyone who has tried them has been quite satisfied with their performance. Nobody has done a side by side comparison so I can't comment on which has better sound.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

Well I think I will settel for th eD. I was satified with the little amout of bass that I got from stock (not that I hear much of my music over the volume of the cutouts) but it will be good to get somthing better in there.
Thanks WhiteBird00
Old 09-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I willl have another new DVC subwoofer by tomorrow as well. I just got 4 pairs of Bazookas in out of 25 that I ordered. I've about had it with them as far as keeping me stocked on them so I have done a bunch of digging and came up with something else possibly that may be as good or better. They will also fit in the stock location with 3" of mounting depth which is less then the Bazookas.
Soon as I have them I'll post up and let everyone know what they are and what they look like.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:57 AM
On The Tree

Sounds great Ian!