Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First race..from a dig!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First race..from a dig!

So last night, me and the girlfriend went and got sushi, then went and saw The Hangover. Btw, funny *** movie! Anyways, as I am exiting the tollway I see some descent looking tailights in the center lane. I am supposed to turn left but i wanted to pull up to it and see what it was. It was an S2000 with at least exhaust. The car was a black convertable with black wheels. It was a sweet looking ride. Gave him a friendly rev, and pointed ahead. He got excited, and asked what i had. informed it was a trans am ws6. he asked whats its got, and i inform him its just headers. Considering turbo S2000s would eat me alive, i asked him if it was turbo'd. THANK god he said no ha. He said hed run, and i tell my woman to GTFO her damn iphone and pay attention(for ne one who has read my previous posts, i always loose when shes in the car)
As im watching the light, the other direction goes yellow, and i pull the RPMs, up to about 2k, as I hear his 2.0 rev up to about 7k. The light goes green. I didnt dump the clutch i eased out of it. Almost a perfect launch. He chirped and grabbed as well. As I am almost through the intersection, there is a slight bump. Well this slight bump causes my rear to loose traction right in the powerband , and his nose is at my bumper. once it grabs again, i shift into second (not power shifting cuz, its just an import) 2nd is where i leave him in the dust. at the top of second i look into my side mirror, and i have about 2-3 cars on him. Go to third sort of fast, and then shut er down. Switch lanes and go to turn left, and they guy give me a nice thumbs up and proceeds on his way.

This is my fav race so far (besides getting a cocky termi that was basicaly stock) It was a classic steet race. Both agree, both go, both signal good race and go on our way. I know its nothing to brag about, but it still felt good that all imports arnt little ricers
Old 06-10-2009, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice kill and make sure she stays off the phone in the future lol